Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wake Up!


In your hands
Originally uploaded by
Jenny's_photos

...it's time.

I’ve often stressed the importance of dreams but lately, a quite whisper from within has asked when are you going to wake up?

The beautiful thing about dreams is that we are not bound by the usual limits that confine our existence. In a world consumed with thought, how difficult it has become to embrace the other facets of our being. Why would we let something as limited as our minds rule our entire existence?

Collectively, the idea of waking up (and dreaming) has also become relevant. Recent events have only elevated my interest in becoming further involved in the process of changing our world. Some people would say, why do you care about something that happens in the other side of the world? Personally, I care about the kidnappings in Colombia, the war and its effects on the people of Iraq, the criminal and political violence of my own Venezuela and any other unfortunate chapter where intolerance, self-righteousness and extremism have been allowed to take our lives for hostage. I also personally believe that you should care too and not be fooled by those who would like for us to believe that the problem is solved by not traveling to a particular location. I am not sure if you have noticed, but there really doesn’t seem to be a place free of these types of conflicts. The problem has already arrived at your doorstep, whether you acknowledge it or not. Traditional politics are failing us! Perhaps politics have been dehumanized for far too long.

So, WAKE UP, but not because your dreams do not matter; wake up because it is time to invite them into our waking lives.




* * *

Through My Eyes: “ The world INSIDE (not through) the magnifying glass” by Fox [Because one should never underestimate the power one has to inspire one another]
Through My Ears: Una Noche by Alejandro Sanz & The Corrs
Through My Mind: Indian English, Lonely Planet
In My Thoughts: “For self is a sea boundless and measureless” in The Prophet, by Kahlil Gibran
On My Browser:“Earth911” [Might as well try saving the world from an environmental disaster while we are on it ;-)]

4 comments:

Christine Jurion-Meunier said...

A little difficult to me to understand really what you said, (because my bad English), but "Wake Up" and each day change little comportment around ourself for someone and change the world for the other...
Happy to meet you here, an other "faceted"of you which pleased to me.

TriTri said...

Definitely, we need to be the change we would like to see in others (I can't remember who I am quoting)!

Third Eye said...

"So, WAKE UP, but not because your dreams do not matter; wake up because it is time to invite them into our waking lives."

This part is the one that truly touched me

TriTri said...

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could all live in a dream